Antimicrobial protection for your plastic products. Microorganisms are all around us.
Microorganisms can grow and reproduce on most plastic surfaces, impacting the general hygiene, causing odors, discoloration, lowered mechanical properties and other problems.
SANAFOR® antimicrobial technology offers safe and effective built-in protection for plastics, creating a feeling of cleanliness and wellbeing.
- SANAFOR® provides protection of plastic parts against a wide range of microorganisms including Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, fungi, molds, yeasts and algae
- SANAFOR® is a cost-effective antimicrobial solution
- SANAFOR® is fully compatible with a broad range of polymers: LDPE, LLDPE, HDPE, PP, BOPP, EVA, TPO, PS, ABS, ASA, SAN, PA6, PA66, PET, PBT, PC, PVC and others
- SANAFOR® is safe and easy to use during polymer processing
- SANAFOR® has no impact on the mechanical properties of the plastic
- SANAFOR® has a good thermal stability
SANAFOR® antimicrobial technology can be incorporated into your plastic products:
- With typically only a 1-2% masterbatch addition rate
- To provide built-in antimicrobial protection
- For their entire service life
- To reduce the overall level of both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria on polymer surfaces by up to 99.999%
- Or to achieve equally good results for a wide variety of fungi, yeasts and algae
SANAFOR® protects a broad range of products:
- Healthcare and hospital items such as wash basins, bed pans, hospital beds, trays, chairs, toilet seats or handles
- Shopping trolleys, shopping baskets and grocery bags
- Clothes and shoes
- Bathroom accessories
- Household items
- Leisure and sport equipment
- Automotive interior parts
SANAFOR® antimicrobial technology has been specifically designed for incorporation into plastic products, including:
- Injection molded parts
- Extruded films and profiles
- Non-woven textiles
SANAFOR® is active against:
- Gram-positive bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Enterococcus spp.
- Gram-negative bacteria, including Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Pseudomonas spp., Legionella spp.
- Fungi and molds, including Aspergillus spp., Alternaria spp., Penicillium spp., Cladosporium spp.
- Yeasts, including Candida spp., Cryptococcus spp., Zygosaccharomyces spp.
- Algae, including Anabaena spp., Chlamydomonas spp., Chlorella spp.
Benefits of using SANAFOR®:
- The use of the SANAFOR® logo on products and marketing tools
- Differentiation of your product, which leads to business success
- Support in antimicrobial testing of your products
- Support in chemical testing of your products to optimize the dose rate
- Broad and excellent antimicrobial protection built into your products for their entire service life
- Superior price/performance compared to silver technologies